Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Javier Muguruza <jm...@lapize.com> on 2002/07/05 19:56:59 UTC

LabelValueBean is 1.0.2 or 1.1b?

Hi,

I am usign struts1.0.2, I saw in the 1.0.2 release notes
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/doc-1.0.2/release-notes-1.0.1.html that
LabelValueBean is available. But it is not included in struts.jar, and in
the release notes of 1.1.b
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/release-notes-1.1-b1.html they
say LabelValueBean has been added in that version.

Which one is ok? If it is include in 1.1.b can i just add it to the 1.0.2
jar or it will broke something?

thanks

Re: LabelValueBean is 1.0.2 or 1.1b?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
The LabelValueBean is really a simple class; it's probably almost as
easy to write one yourself as it is to move the compiled class from
one JAR to another.

However, yes, it would probably work to just copy the
LabelValueBean.class file between jars.  Note that, otherwise, it's
generally pretty nos so easy to selectively include pieces of Struts
1.1 in Struts 1.0.

Joe

At 7:56 PM +0200 2002/07/05, Javier Muguruza wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am usign struts1.0.2, I saw in the 1.0.2 release notes
>http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/doc-1.0.2/release-notes-1.0.1.html that
>LabelValueBean is available. But it is not included in struts.jar, and in
>the release notes of 1.1.b
>http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/release-notes-1.1-b1.html they
>say LabelValueBean has been added in that version.
>
>Which one is ok? If it is include in 1.1.b can i just add it to the 1.0.2
>jar or it will broke something?
>
>thanks
>

>--

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>

Re: LabelValueBean is 1.0.2 or 1.1b?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Javier Muguruza wrote:

> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 19:56:59 +0200
> From: Javier Muguruza <jm...@lapize.com>
> Subject: LabelValueBean is 1.0.2 or 1.1b?
>

> Hi,
>
> I am usign struts1.0.2, I saw in the 1.0.2 release notes
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/doc-1.0.2/release-notes-1.0.1.html that
> LabelValueBean is available. But it is not included in struts.jar, and in
> the release notes of 1.1.b
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/release-notes-1.1-b1.html they
> say LabelValueBean has been added in that version.

As the release notes say, it was added in 1.1-b1, and does not exist in
1.0.2.

> Which one is ok? If it is include in 1.1.b can i just add it to the 1.0.2
> jar or it will broke something?

While it *might* be possible that you could grab this particular class out
of 1.1, mixing Struts versions in general is a very very bad idea.  If you
are using 1.0.2, you would probably be better off creating your own
version of this class (perhaps based on the sources in 1.1) and using
that.

> thanks

Craig