Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by V D <st...@drexel.edu> on 2004/12/04 18:19:43 UTC

Bug in Java2Wsdl

I have an interface:

public interface Test{
    public String [] getList();
}

when using java2wsdl with document and literal style, the return type of
getList is String, not String[] or ArrayOfString, or anything like that.

This is Axis 1.2 RC2

Re: Bug in Java2Wsdl

Posted by V D <st...@drexel.edu>.
More on this, when using Java2Wsdl with document and literal style, and
also using it with rpc encoding on a same interface, any method that
returns an array of a bean class will have different signatures (between
doc/lit style and rpc/enc style).

For example:

public interface Test{
   public MyClass [] getList();
}

With rpc/enc style, a same signature will be produced.  However with
document/literal style, the following signature will be produced:

public ArrayOfMyClass [] getList();

where ArrayOfMyClass is a class that has an array of MyClass.

Another thing I notice is that the name of this generated class is not
consistently generated.  For example, sometimes, I see this is generated
instead:

ArrayOf_tns1_MyClass