Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Axel Arne Guicking <ma...@guicking.de> on 2001/06/11 13:25:31 UTC

C2: Java class as transformer

Hi,
I am using version 2.0a7 and want to add my own transformer which is a java
class (extending AbstractTransformer). The problems arising are:

1) Where do I have to add the transformer name and class name? Only in the
sitemap file or also in the cocoon.xconf (and how would it look like in
cocoon.xconf)?

2) When I put the class in the package org.apache.cocoon.transformation and
add the appropriate <map:transformer>...line in the sitemap all works well
but in my own package the IllegalAccessException "object ... is not a
Component" is thrown. Why that?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Axel Guicking

AW: C2: Java class as transformer

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@payserv.ch>.
Hi Axel

Just add it in the sitemap.map under <map:transformers>.

Felix

Re: C2: Java class as transformer

Posted by Axel Arne Guicking <ma...@guicking.de>.
OK. I got it finally. Looks like a path problem inside of Visual Age...

Axel

> Yesterday I have written my own transformer.
> I took the XIncludeTransformer and used all public methods and implemented
> all interfaces. I used my own package and put the class in
WEB-INF/classes.