Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jim Reilly <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/23 18:02:16 UTC

NiFi Processor Invalid State Issues

Hi,
When using NiFi and adding a Processor (say for example in my case: PostHTTP), how do you know what the issue is when creating a processor, when its not valid?   It shows the invalid icon, the log files says something like: "processor is not in a valid state", but, it does not say what the invalid state is or what property/attribute is incorrect.   How can I figure this out.
For PostHTTP, it looks like I have valid settings, and believe I have a valid URL for the POST.
Any thoughts..???
  Tkx,
Jim

Re: NiFi Processor Invalid State Issues

Posted by Jennifer Barnabee <je...@gmail.com>.
Jim,
When you hover the mouse over the invalid icon, does it tell you anything?
-Jenn

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Testing the Receiving of an HTTP Post with "Send As FlowFile"

Posted by Jim Reilly <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Mark,
I created the keystore and truststore myself, via using keytool.
I can also wait for the updated documentation on: 'Secure Configuration section' per the prior site-to-site post...
  Tkx,
Jim

>So, I throttled logging more (changed to DEBUG).
>I see this error now from the ListenHTTP component:HttpConnection ->
>SSLException: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown.
>
>Again, I have a PostHTTP using a https URL and configured secure
>service content communication to a ListenHTTP running on the same
>diagram in nifi.     I do also have the nifi web app running on https
>and configured as such....
>Are their steps I need to take to make ListenHTTP component see the
>certs...??   ( eg: I'm kinds new to using certs).
>
>Thanks!!!
>   Tkx,
>Jim

When you perform the Post, though, be sure that the URL that you post to

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Jim,

In your browser, if you hover over the "Invalid" icon on the Processor,
it will give you a tooltip explaining why the Processor is not valid.

Thanks
-Mark