Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net> on 2006/03/12 19:31:41 UTC

Yum & 3.0.5

Hi All,

I installed 3.1.1 today on a fresh CentOS install and foolishly
neglected to check it hadn't already installed an older version of SA.

Now when I run yum update it lists 3.0.5 as an update. I've installed
3.1.1 from source and am wondering if using yum remove for the 3.0.5
install will fubar anything else?

spamasaassin -V reports the correct version, 3.1.1, and it lint's
fine, so I'm happy it's working, but I'd like try get rid of the 3.0.*
install.

As a corollary, I have 3.1.0 on another box (also CentOS), again
installed from source, am I OK to overinstall or should I remove the
old 3.1.0 1st?

Kind regards

Nigel

Re: Re: Yum & 3.0.5

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
Thanks Tim,

I'm going to do a yum remove on SA and reinstall if required. At the
time of the original post I didn't have a spare failover box for SA,
that situation is now resolved.

My concern stems from the fact that the original Yum updates done
before 3.1.0 was installed didn't mention 3.0.5; that only showed up
after.

3.1.0 is handling the requests so the 3.0.5 isn't doing any harm other
than to offend my eye. I was hoping someone else had similar
experiences and that a simple yum remove would work out OK since the
3.1.0 was installed from source.

Ah well - we live and learn.

Kind regards

Nigel