Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Dave Wolf <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/06 19:58:24 UTC

Configuration of the Mail/Session Factory

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the container mail session working with JSPWiki and a SMTP
server that is NOT on localhost and port 25?

For weeks, I've been attempting to get the Mail session factory working in
Tomcat 5.5.25. I can't get the container to recognize the non-localhost SMTP
host and port. Since I'm running JRE 1.6, I've removed the
activation.jarfrom the WEB-INF/lib and moved the most recent version
of the
mail.jar to <CATALINA_HOME>/commons/lib.

In my jspwiki.properties file, I have:

#  JNDI resource name. The commented-out value is the default
jspwiki.mail.jndiname = mail/Session

#  B. Stand-alone Resource Factory. JSPWiki will use these values if JNDI
fails.
#
#  Your SMTP host (i.e. the one which sends email)
# mail.smtp.host = 127.0.0.1

# If for some reason the standard smtp port (25) is blocked, you can change
it here
# mail.smtp.port = 25

#  The address from which the email appears to come
mail.from =JSPWiki <jspwiki@************.com>

# If you are using a webserver that is publically accessible it usually
# doesn't allow you to send mail anonymously
# (because then this mailserver would become an open relay).
# Therefore you can indicate your account information here...
#
# mail.smtp.account =
# mail.smtp.password =

# The properties below control connection timeouts and TLS (encryption)
# if the mailserver supports it. The commented-out values are the defaults.
# mail.smtp.timeout = 5000
# mail.smtp.connectiontimeout = 5000
# mail.smtp.starttls.enable = tru

Currently, in server.xml I have:

 <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="CONTAINER" type=" javax.mail.Session"/>
    <ResourceParams name="mail/Session">
    <parameter>
             <name>factory</name>
            <value>org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory </value>
        </parameter>
    <parameter>
            <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
            <value>smtp-********.com</value>
        </parameter>
    <parameter>
            <name>mail.smtp.port</name>
            <value>6225</value>
        </parameter>
    <parameter>
            <name>mail.smtp.account</name>
            <value>************</value>
        </parameter>
    <parameter>
            <name>mail.smtp.password</name>
            <value>**********</value>
        </parameter>
    <parameter>
            <name>mail.smtp.timeout</name>
            <value>5000</value>
        </parameter>
    <parameter>
            <name>mail.smtp.connectiontimeout</name>
            <value>5000</value>
        </parameter>
    <parameter>
            <name>mail.smtp.starttls.enable</name>
            <value>true</value>
        </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

Previously, I tried this instead:

    <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
        type="javax.mail.Session"
        mail.smtp.host= "smtp-*******.com"
        mail.smtp.port="6225"
        mail.smtp.account="***************"
        mail.smtp.password="**************"
        mail.smtp.timeout="5000"
        mail.smtp.connectiontimeout="5000"
        mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"/>

Neither configuration works, I'm getting the messages from JSPWiki in the
jspwiki.log:

 12-06@11:40:17 INFO SecurityLog Wiki:/Wiki/Login.jsp Wiki:
http://localhost:8080/Wiki/Login.jsp -
WikiSecurityEvent.LOGIN_AUTHENTICATED[source=
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@c00025, princpal=
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal dave.wolf, target=
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@1e13a2c]

 12-06@11:40:17 INFO JSPWiki Wiki:/Wiki/Login.jsp Wiki:
http://localhost:8080/Wiki/Login.jsp - Successfully authenticated user
dave.wolf (custom auth)

 12-06@11:40:17 INFO JSPWiki Wiki:/Wiki/Login.jsp Wiki:
http://localhost:8080/Wiki/Login.jsp - Redirecting user to
http://localhost:8080/Wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ApprovalRequiredForUserProfiles

 12-06@11:40:30 INFO
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.user.AbstractUserDatabaseWiki:/Wiki/Workflow.jsp
Wiki:
http://localhost:8080/Wiki/Workflow.jsp - Creating new user test5

 12-06@11:40:31 ERROR
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.MailUtilWiki:/Wiki/Workflow.jsp Wiki:
http://localhost:8080/Wiki/Workflow.jsp - javax.mail.MessagingException:
Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;
  nested exception is:

 12-06@11:40:32 ERROR
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.UserManagerWiki:/Wiki/Workflow.jsp Wiki:
http://localhost:8080/Wiki/Workflow.jsp - Could not send registration
confirmation e-mail. Is the e-mail server running?

Any ideas?

--
Dave Wolf