Posted to user@hive.apache.org by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 10:01:37 UTC

Need Unstructured data sample file

Hi Users,

             Need the clarifications on the below tasks.

1. What are the unstrutured type files in hive with examples .
2 .What is the cmd to load unstructured(images&audio) files into hive table.

                        Please let me know is it possible going thorugh
 with the hive,if so guide me in going forward with the above and provide
me an sample test unstuctured data file.

Regards,
Shaik.

Re: Need Unstructured data sample file

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@yahoo.com>.
HI Shaik

I don't have any experience dealing with image and audio files with hive but on the structured part I have dealt with Apache log files. You can get some insight here at hive wiki

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-ApacheWeblogData

Regards,
Bejoy KS