Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> on 2015/01/16 22:32:39 UTC

Re: buildbot notification issues, output page, etc

Hi Kay,

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 09:37:18AM -0800, Kay Schenk wrote:
> * We seem to again have lost notification from from buildbot on our builds.
>
> * The buildbot page for OpenOffice currently has some issues --
> see : http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
> even though the buildbots have run
>
> Before I contact infra, does anyone know anything about this?

Did you take any action on this?  Last message is from 12 Dec.  The
buildbots have been failing for 3 days, and it seems nobody noticed
this. http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: buildbot notification issues, output page, etc

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: buildbot notification issues, output page, etc

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> On 16 Jan 2015, at 16:32, Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Kay,
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 09:37:18AM -0800, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> * We seem to again have lost notification from from buildbot on our builds.
>>
>> * The buildbot page for OpenOffice currently has some issues --
>> see : http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
>> even though the buildbots have run
>>
>> Before I contact infra, does anyone know anything about this?
>
> Did you take any action on this?  Last message is from 12 Dec.  The
> buildbots have been failing for 3 days, and it seems nobody noticed
> this. http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly

… along these lines, back in November of lsat year, Raphael Bircher raised the idea of setting up a buildbot for Mac OS X. After some discussion, Andrea met with Infra and posted the minutes. These indicated that the Mac buildbot needed just for Andrew Rist to finish setup then talk to Infra.

I'm not nagging; just curious if it's been done and I missed it on these pages:

http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
http://goo.gl/5WLLCg (the Waterfall Grid)

Thanks,
louis

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

> Hi Kay, *
>
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 06:32:39PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile
> wrote:
>> Hi Kay,
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 09:37:18AM -0800, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> * We seem to again have lost notification from from buildbot on
>>> our builds.
>>>
>>> * The buildbot page for OpenOffice currently has some issues --
>>> see : http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
>
> This should be fixed by now. It was a missing table header and a
> missing closing tr tag in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/openoffice/create-ooo-snapshots-index.sh

This script generates the index.html
> It can be tested locally by simply removing all references to the
> buildbot machine
> /x1/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/openoffice
>
> The content for that page is located at
> buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/openoffice/
>
> The buildbot configuration is
> buildbot/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/projects/openofficeorg.conf
>
>  Every AOO committer has access to modify both.

Ok, thanks. I knew about committers having access to the buildbot config
file but thought the output page was a product of infra "magic".
So good to know that we have control over the content.

>>> even though the buildbots have run
>>>
>>> Before I contact infra, does anyone know anything about this?
>>
>> Did you take any action on this?  Last message is from 12 Dec.
>> The buildbots have been failing for 3 days, and it seems nobody
>> noticed this.
>> http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly
>
> For the missing mail notification, I submitted a JIRA ticket:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9030 Buildbot
> notifications are also sent to #asftest in irc.freenode.net (may be
> we can change it to #dev.openoffice.org).
>

> Regards

- --
MzK

"There's a bit of magic in everything,
  and some loss to even things out."
                    -- Lou Reed

Re: buildbot notification issues, output page, etc

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Kay, *