Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/05/01 11:22:16 UTC

Re: cxf and asm

Hi!

What do you think of the following idea:

For asm, we could create and maintain own shaded jars which contain the major.minor version (not the patch version as I assume they are binary compatible) and then other projects can use exactly that version.

That would allow to only have asm on the classpath once if using the same version. And other projects could still use a different version.

I will need to try this out and play around. Worst case is that I need to add a new functionality to the maven-shade-plugin. But I'm Maven committer as well, so nothing which stops me...

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
What about the fix added in cxf? It tries asm classes then xbean asm then
spring asm. Look asmhelper in cxf. It is a good compromise to avoid
multiple shades.

- Romain