Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2004/04/26 01:42:48 UTC

Re: [general] library management Was: [lang] Markup stuff onlang???

Personally I am comfortable with the current commons setup, and believe
anything else to be nigh on impractical.

I do agree with the removal of dependencies (beanutils/digester to
collections) when possible. The complaint that picking up one commons jar
requires picking up many others has some validity.

We must all remain vigilent for our components though - and kick out
excessive code before release when appropriate (lang kicked out id,
collections kicked out primitives, etc)

Stephen