Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace.com> on 2008/01/16 01:45:13 UTC

RE: Lucene.Net 2.1 build 3 as "Release Candidate"

George,

Has any progress been made on the initial port to 2.2?  We have resources available to assist in the testing and development of 2.2 so that it can see the light of day (and production) faster, then quickly move on to 2.3 which currently has a release candidate and will most likely have a final release within a month.

We want to take advantage of the enhancements in version 2.3 and are tempted to start maintaining our own port, but we would much rather contribute to the Apache porting effort.

I understand that you are busy and do this in your personal time, which is why we can allocate resources to speed the process along.

Thanks,

Michael

Posted by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace.com>.
Michael,

We would very much like to see the involvement of the Lucene.Net community in bringing about version 2.3 and beyond, but for the time being we have started work on our own port of 2.3 to take advantage of the improvements in it.  There are plans to release our port, but as George is the only committer to the Lucene.Net project, it may not be through Apache.

My preference is to keep this in the Apache community, but without the support of George this may not be possible.

Cheers,

Michael

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@optusnet.com.au>.
George/Michael,