Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Mike Brown <mi...@skew.org> on 2006/09/05 18:17:11 UTC

keys in temporary documents

In Xalan I've been noticing very inconsistent results when calling key()
when the context node is a node from a result tree fragment that has been
converted to a node-set with exsl:node-set().

I am having trouble isolating it into a simple test case, but for example, I'm
seeing a case where the xsl:key definition clearly only matches elements, but
calling key() occasionally returns a text node, or returns an empty node-set
while a previous call with the same arguments returns elements.

This inconsistent key() behavior interferes with the use of the Muenchian
method on converted result tree fragments.

Has anyone else noticed key() problems like this? Any chance you've reduced
such problems to a simple test case?

Re: keys in temporary documents

Posted by Erin Harris <eh...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Mike,

There is a JIRA issue 2308 - does it look like the same problem?  Does the
problem occur with both XALAN interpreted and compiled (XSLTC)?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2308

Thanks.

Erin Harris

Mike Brown <mi...@skew.org>