Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by moftah moftah <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/07 18:29:07 UTC

Adding CloudStack to existing Xenserver 6.2 pool

Hi

We have an existing Xenserver 6.2 pool with more than 100 VMs and several
hosts.

We are using NFS for all storage and we match all requirements in term of
networking for cloudstack installation.

my question is it safe to install cloudstack on the existing pool ? or that
will affect the existing VMs and or hosts ?

I am ok with migrating all existing VMs to cloudstack or even not migrating
them.

my only concern is that If cloudstack can co exist with VMs thats are
existing in the system and if not if there an easy way to make existing VMs
managed by cloudstack

thanks

RE: Adding CloudStack to existing Xenserver 6.2 pool

Posted by Dubravko Sever <Du...@srce.hr>.
I have the same problem, I want to convert infrastructure to cloud environment, but can't be done just like that. In my case I can't even effort my self downtime of VM-s and migrate it to cloud suing  templates.

So can anyone from Cloudstack give us king of instructions, method how to do that.

Dubravko

--
Dubravko Sever
Sektor za računalne sustave

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
18th-19th February 2014, Brazil. Classroom<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
17th-23rd March 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
24th-28th March 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil
and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a
registered trademark.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Adding CloudStack to existing Xenserver 6.2 pool

Posted by moftah moftah <mo...@gmail.com>.
mmmm