Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2006/11/24 03:24:26 UTC

Should we redo the exception internationalization methods for v2 to conform to the internationalization approaches supported by Eclipse?

The approach UIMA takes to internationalization of messages doesn't
conform to the approach taken by Eclipse in later releases (e.g. 3.2).
Eclipse has builtin support for internationalization which doesn't fit
the UIMA approach.

Should we change the internationalization design of UIMA to conform to
the way that is supported by Eclipse, for version 2?

-Marshall

Re: Should we redo the exception internationalization methods for v2 to conform to the internationalization approaches supported by Eclipse?

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> The approach UIMA takes to internationalization of messages doesn't
> conform to the approach taken by Eclipse in later releases (e.g. 3.2).
> Eclipse has builtin support for internationalization which doesn't fit
> the UIMA approach.
> Should we change the internationalization design of UIMA to conform to
> the way that is supported by Eclipse, for version 2?
>
> -Marshall

Marshall,

can you elaborate?  What does Eclipse do differently?

--Thilo