Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mark Phillips <ma...@mophilly.com> on 2010/11/29 20:56:19 UTC

getting started: how to make the jcr-1.0.jar available in the shared classpath

I am working with Mac OS X Server 10.6.5. I have enabled Tomcat 6 and verified its operation.

I copied the jcr-1.0.jar into the Tomcat lib directory and set the owner and group to be the same as the other .jar files in the directory. I used the tomcat manager to upload the jackrabbit-webapp.war file and start the app.

when I load the Jackrabbit home page in a browser, it displays the error "JCR API Not Found".

I restarted the web service a couple of times to see if that helped. No joy.

I see from the various postings that this is an issue that has come up before, and was fixed, so I apologize for not grasping the necessary info.

I would be most grateful for a suggestion or a link to a how-to or similar, to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

 - Mark