Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jan Nielsen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/07 21:25:18 UTC

Missing 'scm' element in the POM.

In Continuum 1.1, installed as a WAR in GlassFish 9.1ur1 on Windows, I
have a multi-module Maven 2 POM being uploaded with a POM Url:

  file:///c:/dev/myproj/trunk/pom.xml

with appropriate username, password, "Defined by POM" project group,
and a checked "load only root as recursive build" and the default
build definition template ("Default"). I have enabled file scheme;
svn.exe is part of the %PATH%; and the pom.xml has the following scm
element (sub-modules do not have an SCM element):

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:svn://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/myproj/trunk</connection>
    <developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/myproj/trunk</developerConnection>
    <url>http://xxx.xxx.xxx/view/myproj/trunk/</url>
  </scm>

The build from CLI with Maven 2.0.8 works fine, including the site
goal which uses the scm element data successfully in the StatScm
plugin; and this POM is successfully executed by Continuum 1.0.3 on
Tomcat 6.0 instance to build everything including the site goal which
includes the StatScm plugin.

I found a few relevant other posts like:

  http://www.nabble.com/trouble-adding-Maven-2.0-pom-td13778433.html#a13778433

but in "myproj" is, in fact, in Subversion and the SCM URLs appear to
be correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Jan

RE: How to successfully add users?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thanks,

  Sameh

> I just opened security.properties and I do not see how you'd turn off
> the requirement for email validation?

email.validation.required=false

See http://redback.codehaus.org/configuration.html

--
Wendy

Re: How to successfully add users?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Wendy,

I just opened security.properties and I do not see how you'd turn off
the requirement for email validation?

The following is the content of security.properties:

C:\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\maven\
continuum\security.properties

#
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
# or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
# distributed with this work for additional information
# regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
# to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
# "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
# with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
# software distributed under the License is distributed on an
# "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
# KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
# specific language governing permissions and limitations
# under the License.
#

# The subject line for the email message.
email.validation.subject=Welcome to Maven Continuum

# Feedback page
email.feedback.path=http://maven.apache.org/continuum/mail-lists.html

    Sameh

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thanks,

   Sameh

<Sa...@fairisaac.com> wrote:

>  I'm using Continuum 1.1, I logged-in as administrator and created a
new
>  user for example "developer" and assigned it "12345" password.
>
>  When I tried later to login using the new account "developer" with
the
>  "12345" password, Continuum displayed the following message:
>
>  . You have entered an incorrect username and/or password.
>
>  I logged again as an administrator and double checked everything, and
>  tried it again, but I'm still keep getting the same result?
>
>  What could be wrong?

Sorry.  It's a known issue with the version of Redback that Continuum
1.1 uses.  The easiest thing to do is click 'Resend Validation' and
click the link in the email, which will validate the account.  You can
also turn off the requirement for email validation altogether in
security.properties.

>  Also, is there is a way where I can stop Continuum from prompting for
>  user\password to view the build output? When the build is done and
the
>  email is sent, we'd like to be able to view the build output results
by
>  going direct to the build result screen bypassing Continuum prompt
for
>  the user and password values.

Grant the project group user role to the 'guest' user, and it will
stop prompting for a login.

--
Wendy

Re: How to successfully add users?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

RE: I'm not able to delete a group?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thank you Wendy.

   Sameh

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

I'm not able to delete a group?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.

I'm stuck right now, I'm trying to delete a group and recreate it, but
when I click on Show Project Groups followed by clicking on a specific
group from the group list, and click on "Delete Group" the following is
displayed:

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Which folder Continuum uses to
save all the projects information? If I need to reset Continuum which
files needs to be removed?

Error Occurred:

javax.jdo.JDOUserException: One or more instances could not be deleted
NestedThrowables: javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Delete request
failed: DELETE FROM PROJECTDEPENDENCY WHERE PROJECTDEPENDENCY_ID=?
NestedThrowables: SQL Exception: DELETE on table 'PROJECTDEPENDENCY'
caused a violation of foreign key constraint 'PROJECT_FK3' for key
(5163). The statement has been rolled back.

Show/hide Stack Trace:

javax.jdo.JDOUserException: One or more instances could not be deleted
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistentAll(AbstractPersiste
nceManager.java:1525)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistentAll(AbstractPersiste
nceManager.java:1498)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.scostore.FKListStore.clear(FKListStore.java:1137)
	at
org.jpox.store.mapping.CollectionMapping.deleteDependent(CollectionMappi
ng.java:334)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.deleteDependent(ClassTable.java:26
51)
	at
org.jpox.store.StoreManager.deleteDependent(StoreManager.java:1019)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.deletePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:4
405)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalDeletePersistent(AbstractPer
sistenceManager.java:1473)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistent(AbstractPersistence
Manager.java:1489)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.PlexusJdoUtils.removeObject(PlexusJdoUtils.java:
121)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.removeObject(JdoConti
nuumStore.java:1906)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.removeBuildResult(Jdo
ContinuumStore.java:600)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.removeProject(DefaultContinu
um.java:719)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.ProjectsListAction.remove(Projects
ListAction.java:95)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.ProjectsListAction.execute(Project
sListAction.java:67)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActio
nInvocation.java:358)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultA
ctionInvocation.java:218)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:192)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.
intercept(PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.java:69)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercep
t(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Met
hodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(Valid
ationInterceptor.java:115)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Met
hodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.interceptor.ForceContinuumConfigurationIn
terceptor.intercept(ForceContinuumConfigurationInterceptor.java:72)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.PolicyEnforcementIntercept
or.intercept(PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.java:149)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor.in
tercept(SecureActionInterceptor.java:178)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.interc
ept(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:58)
[...]
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(Fil
eUploadInterceptor.java:174)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.inte
rcept(DebuggingInterceptor.java:169)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nInterce
ptor.java:151)
[...]
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept
(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:186)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.AutoLoginInterceptor.inter
cept(AutoLoginInterceptor.java:156)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.ForceAdminUserInterceptor.
intercept(ForceAdminUserInterceptor.java:76)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.EnvironmentCheckIntercepto
r.intercept(EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.java:122)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.jav
a:116)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(Dispat
cherUtils.java:273)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDisp
atcher.java:202)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.
java:118)
	at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.j
ava:52)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(Action
ContextCleanUp.java:88)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:471)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:633)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:982)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244
)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Delete request failed: DELETE FROM
PROJECTDEPENDENCY WHERE PROJECTDEPENDENCY_ID=?
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.DeleteRequest.execute(DeleteRequest.java:28
8)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.delete(ClassTable.java:2611)
	at org.jpox.store.StoreManager.delete(StoreManager.java:981)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.internalDeletePersistent(StateManagerImp
l.java:4468)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.deletePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:4
423)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalDeletePersistent(AbstractPer
sistenceManager.java:1473)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistentAll(AbstractPersiste
nceManager.java:1516)
[...]
ERROR 23503: DELETE on table 'PROJECTDEPENDENCY' caused a violation of
foreign key constraint 'PROJECT_FK3' for key (5163).  The statement has
been rolled back.
	at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ReferencedKeyRIChecker.doCheck(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RISetChecker.doPKCheck(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.collectAffectedRows(Un
known Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unkno
wn Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Delega
tingPreparedStatement.java:101)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.executeStatementUpdate(RDBMSManager.ja
va:572)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.DeleteRequest.execute(DeleteRequest.java:27

RE: How to make Continuum continue with the build even if there are some errors or failures?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Daren,

Thanks for the information, and just to make sure I know the right
syntax for using this parameter, do you use it as follow?

	mvn -Dmaven.fae=ture"

By the way, I did manage to accomplish my goal by using the following
parameters that I found in Maven web site under Maven Test Settings in
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/test/properties.html

1. maven.test.error.ignore

2. maven.test.failure.ignore

The original syntax that I used "-Dmaven.tests.ignore.failure=true" was
wrong.

When I used the correct syntax as follow, the build continued and all
the modules got built:

"mvn -Dmaven.test.error.ignore=true -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true
install"

 Thanks,

     Sameh

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Ok, thanks.

  Sameh

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

RE: How to make Continuum ignore the failed junit tests and continue with the build?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.

Unfortunately, the "-Dmaven.tests.ignore.failure=true" parameter does
not seem to have any effect on the build!

So, is there is something I need to define in pom.xml to activate this
feature, or something else?

I'm using:

Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.6.0_01
Os name: "Windows 2003" version "5.2" arch: "x86"

I tried both -Dmaven.tests.ignore.failure=true and
-Dmaven.test.ignore.failure=true <-- No S after test.

But, neither one made any difference. I run a test from the command line
as follow:

mvn -Dmaven.tests.ignore.failure=true install
Also, I run:
mvn -Dmaven.test.ignore.failure=true install

In both cases the output as follow:
Tests in error:
  testRegExport(com.fairisaac.mb.adcds.engine.model.export.TestPMML)

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
C:\Auto_Builds\working-directory\81\mbpa-adcds\target\surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 56 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 07 16:27:51 PST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 9M/17M
[INFO]

   Sameh

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com>.

Re: Missing 'scm' element in the POM.

Posted by Jan Nielsen <ja...@gmail.com>.
It turns out that "subproj23" did not have a parent element. As a
result Continuum spits out a "missing 'scm'" message; it's interesting
that Maven from the CLI does not complain about this. It would be
nice(r) if Continuum would identify which module caused the error.

Want to see it yourself? Do this:

  -check-out continuum
  -re-configure 1.1 to allow file scheme
  -remove the parent from a (sub-)module; see below
  -add the continuum project as a Maven 2.0 project via file scheme

-Jan

--- maven-continuum-plugin/pom.xml      (revision 620407)
+++ maven-continuum-plugin/pom.xml      (working copy)
@@ -18,24 +18,22 @@
   ~ under the License.
   -->
http://maven.apache.
org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
-  <parent>
-    <artifactId>continuum-parent</artifactId>
-    <groupId>org.apache.maven.continuum</groupId>
-    <version>1.1</version>
-  </parent>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <artifactId>maven-continuum-plugin</artifactId>
   <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
   <name>Maven Continuum Plugin</name>
+  <version>1.1</version>
   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.continuum</groupId>
       <artifactId>continuum-api</artifactId>
+      <version>1.1</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.continuum</groupId>
       <artifactId>continuum-xmlrpc-client</artifactId>
+      <version>1.1</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>