Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Serge R <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/11 10:56:55 UTC

error by achieving release:prepare goal

Hi all,

I'm having troubles by achieving release:prepare goal now. It worked fine
some days ago by using "release:prepare -Pint -Prel -Dusername=user
-Dpassword=pass". I used it with m2v plugin for eclipse. The SCM-URL in
pom.file was the "scm:svn:
http://pc_name_in_network/svn/charcounter/branches/BR1.0". Now we're using
the subdomain with address "http://svn.our_url.de". The SCM-URL in pom is
now "scm:svn:http://svn.our_url.de/charcounter/branches/BR1.0". I stored
username and password for svn.our_url.de to the settings.xml file of Maven.

Now I'm trying to achieve "release:prepare -Pint -Prel" and getin' an error,
see below. The user has read and write access for svn. I tried to achieve it
in windows console, but got the same error. Can anybody help?

SVN version on my pc: 2.1.3
Maven version: 2.2.1
SVN Version on server: 1.6.6

Server entry in my settings.xml:
<server>
<id>svn.our_url.de</id>
<username>user</username>
<password>pass</password>
</server>

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Character Counter
[INFO]    task-segment: [release:prepare] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] [release:prepare {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Verifying that there are no local modifications...
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "svn --username user --password *****
--non-interactive status"
[INFO] Working directory: C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\user\workspace\BR1.0
[INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for snapshots ...
[INFO] Transforming 'Character Counter'...
[INFO] Not generating release POMs
[INFO] Executing goals 'clean verify'...
[INFO] [INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] Building Character Counter
[INFO] [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, verify]
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
[INFO] [INFO] Deleting directory C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\user\workspace\BR1.0\target
[INFO] [INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
[INFO] [INFO] Verifying there are no local modifications ...
[INFO] [INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "svn --password *****
--non-interactive status"
[INFO] [INFO] Working directory: C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\user\workspace\BR1.0
[INFO] [INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "svn --password *****
--non-interactive update "C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\user\workspace\BR1.0""
[INFO] [INFO] Working directory: C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\user\workspace\BR1.0
[INFO] Provider message:
[INFO] The svn command failed.
[INFO] Command output:
[INFO] svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.our_url.de/charcounter/branches/BR1.0':
authorization failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected Basic
challenge (http://svn.our_url.de)
[INFO]
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] Couldn't update project.
[INFO]
[INFO] Embedded error: Error!

--
Greets
Serge

Re: error by achieving release:prepare goal

Posted by Serge R <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I forgot to add, the another_user is the name of my account I used to
login into my windows system. I added the another_user and another_pass to
htpasswd on server, but now I see in the svn.error_log password missmatch
error.

Has somebody any idea how to solve the problem?

Re: error by achieving release:prepare goal

Posted by Serge R <se...@gmail.com>.
I think I've found the error. The credentials in the settings.xml are user
and pass, but in the svn.error_log on the server is another username:

user another_user not found: /charcounter/branches/BR1.0

Anybody knows how to fix the credentials to user and pass? (ok, finally I
can add another_user to my htpasswd file, but firstly I want to try it with
old user)

Re: error by achieving release:prepare goal

Posted by Serge R <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I read it... But the user has enough rights to read and write sources.
I can check out and in the sources in eclipse by using the same credentials.

Re: error by achieving release:prepare goal

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Did you read the console output? svn doesn't authenticate your credentials.

/Anders