Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by MadasamySankarapandian <ma...@mcruncher.com> on 2014/10/07 09:13:39 UTC

Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

This is regarding wicket-select2 project. I could not find any mailing list
for this project. That is why sending here. Please some one help me.

I have created clear link to clear the form input values. After click the
clear link,  all components values are cleared except Select2Choice
component.

Here with attached quickstart to recreate this problem.

Follow below steps to recreate this problem

* Download attachment and extract it.
* cd select2-quickstart.
* Then execute mvn clean package jetty:run
* Type localhost:8080 in browser
* Give the input to name and country field.
* Click clear link

Now name(*TextField*) field value is cleared and country(*Select2Choice*)
field value is not cleared.

--
Thanks and regards
 Madasamy

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Tom Götz <to...@richmountain.de>.
Done: https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/pull/402

Cheers,
   -Tom

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de>.

Posted by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de>.
See my inline comments

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tom,

sorry for the brief response (I need to go in 30 minutes, hopefully Martin
can also comment on this)

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de> wrote:

> Sorry, Github link was broken in last email (additional „:“ at the end),
> use this:
>
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/commit/92851a253253849582a117d66dee5fcdb15c7353
>
>    -Tom
>

> > On 29.04.2015, at 14:01, Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Maxim,
> >
> > I do not understand the changes you introduced to
> AbstractSelect2Choice.java in
> https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/commit/92851a253253849582a117d66dee5fcdb15c7353
> :
> > [...]

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de>.

Posted by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de>.
Hi Maxim,

I do not understand the changes you introduced to AbstractSelect2Choice.java in https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/commit/92851a253253849582a117d66dee5fcdb15c7353:

1.
you added a "private List<T> choices“ property, what is the purpose of this? Isn’t the ChoiceProvider supposed to provide the list of choices?

2.
in lines 130 and 133 you throw an IllegalStateException if either choices or renderer is null. Besides the fact that I didn’t get the purpose of the „choices“ list yet: this breaks several of our implementations, as we have select2 implementations where it’s not possible to determine the ChoiceProvider upon construction, but e.g. in onInitialize (we have several abstract select2 choice classes, where only the concrete implementation can know which choiceprovider to use …)

3.
you can now call the constructor in line 74 (public AbstractSelect2Choice(String id, IModel<M> model)) which generates above mentioned IllegalStateException …

4.
methods added starting in line 351: these use the newly introduced List<T> choices, could you explain the idea behind that?

Thanks in advance!

   -Tom

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Great !

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Merged!

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Fixed with

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
It is in my TODO list...

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Here it is:

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
@Paul, @Martin

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by MadasamySankarapandian <ma...@mcruncher.com>.
Thanks Maxim Solodovnik.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by MadasamySankarapandian <ma...@mcruncher.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
we recently moved this component to wicketstuff:
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.7-parent/select2-parent

to get Wicket7 compatible version

On 7 October 2014 22:56, Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws> wrote:

> You can also ask the developer via:
> https://github.com/ivaynberg/wicket-select2/issues
>
> You should probably take a look over the open issues so that you are
> familiar with that other developers faced. Maybe one of those issues might
> be a road block for you?
>
> Although you will get a faster reply from Igor or another Wicket developer
> via this list :)
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > You should call formComponent.clearInput() too.
> >
> > Martin Grigorov
> > Wicket Training and Consulting
> > https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM, MadasamySankarapandian <
> > madasamy@mcruncher.com> wrote:
> >

> > > This is regarding wicket-select2 project. I could not find any mailing
> > > list for this project. That is why sending here. Please some one help
> me.
> > >
> > > I have created clear link to clear the form input values. After click
> the
> > > clear link,  all components values are cleared except Select2Choice
> > > component.
> > >
> > > Here with attached quickstart to recreate this problem.
> > >
> > > Follow below steps to recreate this problem
> > >
> > > * Download attachment and extract it.
> > > * cd select2-quickstart.
> > > * Then execute mvn clean package jetty:run
> > > * Type localhost:8080 in browser
> > > * Give the input to name and country field.
> > > * Click clear link
> > >
> > > Now name(*TextField*) field value is cleared and
> country(*Select2Choice*)
> > > field value is not cleared.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Thanks and regards
> > >  Madasamy

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Could not clear select2Choice component model value.

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,