Posted to builds@apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2020/08/14 07:37:15 UTC

New Credentials for Github jobs

Hi All,

For those of you waiting for the 'asf-ci' credentials - this is still not
resolved yet, and is waiting
for Cloudbees support.

However - I have created some new credentials, based off of a GH App rather
than a role account.

Look for credentials 'ASF Cloudbees Jenkins ci-builds' and give that a try
in your jobs please and see if that works for you. Let me know how it goes
for you.

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Fwd: New Credentials for Github jobs

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,
FYI, for building from GitHub on ci-builds.apache.org you can now use
credentials provided by INFRA. From what I understand this should now
use a webhook, so builds should trigger immediately; and Jenkins can
now set status via the checks on pull requests.

NOTE: you should not build pull requests from forks, this is not
encouraged by INFRA, and can lead to security issues.

zoran

Re: New Credentials for Github jobs

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin!

Is there any update on this ?

I have also tried to use the "ASF Cloudbees Jenkins ci-builds" credential
to add a comment to a GitHub PR, but it doesn't work.
A personal access token with *repo:status* and *public_repo*  scopes works
with the same job, but I'd rather not use personal tokens for the precommit
job in production.

The repo is https://github.com/apache/phoenix

regards
Istvan

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi Joan,

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: New Credentials for Github jobs

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi Andor

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 2:36 PM Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Gavin,
>
> Looks like that the new credentials don’t have rights to update build
> status either:

I fixed that now, try again please.

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: New Credentials for Github jobs

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Thanks Robert, that works.
Nice to see my face next to ZooKeeper CI builds. :)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,