Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by James liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/23 16:38:02 UTC

real time search

i wanna do it.

Maybe someone did it, if so, give me some tips.

thks

--
regards
jl

Re: real time search

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
if new data come in and drive index it, load new search it.

if more docs, optimize time will cost much, so can't do search like real
time.

so i think new solr instance only for newest information. the docs will
be ~10K.
if it arrive 10k, it should be closed and rebuild new instance.
(if we have more memory and cpu,,,just open more instance ,not one by one.)

final, we merge result and show it to user.

that all i think, not test it.

2007/9/24, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>:

> Hi James,
>
> Can you provide more information about what you are trying to do?  By
> real time search, do you mean you want indexed documents to be
> available immediately?  Or is a minute or two acceptable?  Do all
> users need to see them immediately, or just the current user?
>
> We can better help you if you give us more details on what you are
> trying to accomplish.
>
> Thanks,
> Grant
>
> On Sep 23, 2007, at 10:38 AM, James liu wrote:
>
> > i wanna do it.
> >
> > Maybe someone did it, if so, give me some tips.
> >
> > thks
> >
> > --
> > regards
> > jl
>
> --------------------------
> Grant Ingersoll
> http://lucene.grantingersoll.com
>
> Lucene Helpful Hints:

regards
jl

Re: real time search

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
it seems use somthing like ajax...

if so, it not what i wanna

--
regards
jl

Re: real time search

Posted by Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>.

Re: real time search

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.
we had been doing some work with this, and had gotten to the
architecture stage on this at $WORK, but the guy who was leading the
charge got put onto other tasks, and left before having a chance to
implement it, and our priorities shifted to other things ;(

 From what I remember, there are several issues in it, the biggest two were:

 Handling when a replica is down, and getting it back when it comes up again
 Keeping the caches current as you would need to do commits which would
ruin the caches (as it forces a reload I think)
 doing 3-phase commits to ensure  all replicas have identical
information. (we were planning on using a paxos algorithm to help with this)

Hopefully Jason if you are reading this will add further to it.

regards
Ian

Re: real time search

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.