Posted to users@felix.apache.org by jgamba <jg...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 00:39:19 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on Activator for a class of exported package

Hi. I'm trying to use some Spring functionality on one of my bundles, for
that I added the Spring jars (OSGI friendly) on the my felix/bundle folder,
all the spring bundles are load properly, I don't have dependencies problems
at that point it works great.

But I wan to create another bundle that can use the spring bundles, I'm
trying just this inside my activator:

*DispatcherServlet dispatcherServlet = new DispatcherServlet();*

But I always get this:

*ERROR: Bundle springControllerOSGI [17] Error starting/stopping bundle.
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle
springControllerOSGI [17].)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet
	at com.dotmarketing.osgi.spring.Activator.start(Activator.java:28)
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:645)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1977)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1895)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setBundleStartLevel(Felix.java:1388)
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:301)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)*

I know the org.springframework.web.servlet
(org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet) is exported by the
spring web servlet bundle, I saw the MANIFEST -> *Export-Package:
org.springframework.web.servlet;*

In my MANIFEST I'm importing the package:

*Import-Package: org.springframework.web.servlet*

Am I wrong, not all the packages/classes exported by a bundle should be
available to other bundles?

Can please someone guide me on this?.....