Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org> on 2002/08/04 09:58:07 UTC

[Q] Cocoon 2.1 Authentication framework (aka sunRise)

I have tried to read through the Auth. documentation and understand how it
relates to the authentication mechanism of the J2EE specification.

I see that it supports roles and session context, but do not understand if
it is tied to the J2EE container's security.

For example when authenticated through the container, a user principal and
role are available in the ServletRequest.
They are also carried over and applied to any J2EE resource like
transactions, datasources, EJBs, JMS, etc. through JNDI.

So, my question:
Is the sunRise framework tied to the J2EE security APIs?
How can my EJBs be aware of the user name and role ?

-=Ivelin=-

Re: [Q] Cocoon 2.1 Authentication framework (aka sunRise)

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
Thanks Vadim.

Maybe we should make this explicit in the documentation.

I would assume that most J2EE applications use the standard API, which is
not perfect, but security is such a hair ball that a well understood and
properly used standard is a good thing after all.

Ivelin

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.