Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Podhigai Thendral <pi...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/10/17 14:33:50 UTC

'On the fly' action settings

Hi all,

     I read in Onjava.com that on the fly action settings can be
mapped using struts.

     Is the struts-config.xml file parsed once during the server
startup (Tomcat 4.0.1) Or is it parsed for every request ?

     Thanks in advance.

-Thendral

RE: 'On the fly' action settings

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
It is parsed once during startup.  As of 1.1b1, attempting to
add/modify/delete anything from the config objects will get you a
“Configuration is Frozen” exception.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org