Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Cameron Smith <ca...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/11/17 09:11:52 UTC

Content module: how to view a website

I posted this message on Opentaps Gen. Users Discussion Forum, got no reply, so I have reworded it and posted here.

I am by now fairly familiar with OFBiz architecture, also
party, facility, accounting modules. However I was investigating the
Content module and there is one simple
feature I cannot find anywhere on the screens or in the documentation.

The question is, given a certain 'Website' entity which I have set up,
like for instance the demo websites, what is the entry point URL to
VIEW the website. That is, the URL I would point a visitor at so that
they can BROWSE the site (as opposed to editing it).

Another way of putting this is, given a Website entry, which points to various instances of Content and other related entities, is there request-handler/view in one of the OFBiz modules which automatically points the browser at at template which will render this content?  Or should we write such a template ourselves?

I am sure it is obvious, I just cannae find it!!

I am using ofbiz_opentaps_473442

cheers,

cameron

Re: Content module: how to view a website

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Cameron Smith wrote:

> The question is, given a certain 'Website' entity which I have set up,
> like for instance the demo websites, what is the entry point URL to
> VIEW the website. That is, the URL I would point a visitor at so that
> they can BROWSE the site (as opposed to editing it).

If I am reading your question properly...

http://localhost:8080/ecommerce/ or http://url_you_started_ofbiz:8080/ecommerce