Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/02 20:47:25 UTC

Failed to create collection in Solrcloud

Hi,

I am using 3 server ,solr1,solr2a sn solr3

I have setup 3 instance of zookeeper in server solr 2

when i try to create 1 shards and 2 replica, it work find.
while i am try to create core with 1 shards with 3 replication,using this
command bin/solr create -c abc  -n abcr -shards 1 -replicationFactor 3

I am getting below error,

 ERROR: Failed to create collection 'abc' due to:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:IOException occured when
talking to server at: http://xx.yyy.zz:8985/solr (server -solr 3)

solr 3:) i did start this server using this command bin/solr start -cloud -p
8985 -s "example/cloud/node1/solr" -z solr2:2181,solr2:2182,solr3:2183

what is the issue i unable to solved it.

Thanks
Mugeesh

Re: Failed to create collection in Solrcloud

Posted by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks you Zheng,

I ahve found the issue, there was server IP, when i check, one of my
live_collection  was pointed to localhost.

So i did mention hostname into solr.xml.

Re: Failed to create collection in Solrcloud

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mugesh,

Which version of Solr and ZooKeeper are you using?

i did start this server using this command bin/solr start -cloud -p
8985 -s "example/cloud/node1/solr" -z solr2:2181,solr2:2182,solr3:2183
> Shouldn't the command be  "*bin/solr start -cloud -p 8985 -s
"example/cloud/node1/solr" -z solr1:2181,solr2:2182,solr3:**2183*"

Regards,
Edwin