Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ian Wootten <I....@cs.cardiff.ac.uk> on 2005/02/01 17:54:46 UTC

Log4J Manual

Forgive my very basic question, but I'm having problems following the
examples from The Complete Log4j manual.

The first two examples in chapter1 produce no output from the command
prompt, at first I believed this to do with the way in which I had
configured the Tomcat/Axis environment I'm using log4j in as some of the
later examples in chapter 2 produce desired results. But what's really
strange is the output from the AppenderEx's. The first of which logs the
message "Another Message" to all files and the command prompt, the
second logs just "WARN - Detected snooping attempt by Eve." to the
secret.log file.

I'm only including the one "log4j-1.2.9.jar" in the CLASSPATH (along
with the other neccessary jar's), and have moved this over into the axis
directory.

If somebody could pass on some advice I'd be most greatful. I'm totally
lost at the moment.

Many thanks,

Ian

Re: Log4J Manual

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Ian,

At 05:54 PM 2/1/2005, Ian Wootten wrote:
>Forgive my very basic question, but I'm having problems following the
>examples from The Complete Log4j manual.
>
>The first two examples in chapter1 produce no output from the command prompt,

You must have log4j version 1.3 on the classpath.

--
Ceki Gülcü