Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by hezjing <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/13 10:43:20 UTC

Apache CXF for SOAP over HTTPS

Hi

I have a project that requires us to develop a client/server which send
request/response (over HTTPS) in the following format:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="">

  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <TransactionId>12345</TransactionId>
    <Type>1</Type>
    <Name>John</Name>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

There is no WSDL.

Can we use Apache CXF to develop this type of client/server?

--

Hez

RE: Apache CXF for SOAP over HTTPS

Posted by Sean O'Callaghan <SE...@progress.com>.
Hi Hez,

You can take the code first approach, see the java_first_jaxws sample for an example of this.

Seán.

Posted by Andrew Clegg <an...@nervechannel.com>.
2009/5/13 hezjing <he...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I have a project that requires us to develop a client/server which send
> request/response (over HTTPS) in the following format:
> There is no WSDL.
>
> Can we use Apache CXF to develop this type of client/server?

You can use Dispatch clients [1] and Provider services [2] to
send/receive arbitrary XML messages without requiring a WSDL, if you
have to follow that exact spec.

As far as I know there is no problem at all with using these over
HTTPS [3] but I haven't personally done it myself.

Andrew.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-ws-dispatch-api.html
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/provider-services.html
[3] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/client-http-transport-including-ssl-support.html