Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Darren Lee <dl...@amplience.com> on 2013/07/09 19:46:31 UTC

Composite Key Overload

Hi Everyone,

I have a CF which currently has a large composite key. Let's say it has 5 components, A,B,C,D,E.

I know I need to be able to query and find all rows where A,B,C equal a certain value. And I also need to query when A,B,C,D are a certain value.

Traditionally what is the best approach for this?

*         Composite key? Is it possible to query on components of the composite key?

*         Duplicate the fields I want to query on and create a secondary index

*         Expand the data into supercolumns for horizontal traversal

*         Create lookup tables and suffer having to do reads before being able to write updates

Thanks