Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Taylor <pa...@fastmail.fm> on 2010/03/20 08:20:32 UTC

Trying to simplify MappingCharFilter to match whole field

I'm trying to create a CharFilter which works like MappingCharFilter but
only changes the matchString if the match String matches the whole field
rather than a portion in the field (this is to handle some exceptions
wiyout effecting other data). Trouble is the code in MappingCharFilter
is devoid of comments and I cant figure out what I need to change, any
ideas ?

Paul

Re: Trying to simplify MappingCharFilter to match whole field

Posted by Paul Taylor <pa...@fastmail.fm>.
Koji Sekiguchi wrote:
> Paul Taylor wrote:
>> I'm trying to create a CharFilter which works like MappingCharFilter
>> but only changes the matchString if the match String matches the
>> whole field rather than a portion in the field (this is to handle
>> some exceptions wiyout effecting other data). Trouble is the code in
>> MappingCharFilter is devoid of comments and I cant figure out what I
>> need to change, any ideas ?
>>
>> Paul

> I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly,
> but can you use PatternReplaceCharFilter in Solr?
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/analysis/PatternReplaceCharFilter.html
>

> Koji

That would work but its a heacyweight solution and you have I would have
to  use a seperate instance of PatternReplaceCharFilter for every
exception. What I want is quite straight forward give an exception of
'!!!' it should match a field with text of '!!!!' but not 'Start!!!' or
"!!!End', so it seems this is a simple version of MappingCharFilter

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/