Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedamallu Chandra Sekhar <pc...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 20:42:55 UTC

Help for Hadoop 2.0

Hi,

I am trying to setup a cluster using hadoop-2.0.1-alpha.

But, i am not able to run the hadoop dfsadmin -report.

It gave me an error as follows:

[root@ip-10-85-162-101 hadoop-2.0.1-alpha]# hadoop dfsadmin -report
DEPRECATED: Use of this script to execute hdfs command is deprecated.
Instead use the hdfs command for it.

report: FileSystem file:/// is not a distributed file system
Usage: java DFSAdmin [-report]

Thanks
Chandra

Re: Help for Hadoop 2.0