Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bharathram <bh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/21 11:10:29 UTC

Japanese characters in pdf & Encryption

Hi,

while i am doing password protection for pdf,the japanese characters is not
supported.(japanese characters are displaying as junk) and alert such as
"Cannot extract embedded font MSGothic.Some characters cannot be displayed
or print properly" is displaying.

how to encrypt a pdf which is embedded with japanese characters?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Japanese characters in pdf & Encryption

Posted by Lucian Opris <lu...@bluematrix.com>.
Hi,
I managed to get a different font for Japanese Bold.
I'm attaching the ttc file in case anyone needs it.
So, whenever the bold is needed call this new font

Lucian Opris
BlueMatrix
1-646-202-1312

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Bharathram <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Pdf encryption for japanese characters are sucessfully coming in FOP Trunk.

Thanks,
Bharathram K

RE: Japanese characters in pdf & Encryption

Posted by Lucian Opris <lu...@bluematrix.com>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Lucian Opris <lu...@bluematrix.com>.
Hi,
This is what I have in my fop (fop0.95) config  file
<renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
     <directory recursive="true">/nas/web/fonts</directory>
       <auto-detect/>
       <use-cache>true</use-cache>
<fonts>
</fonts>
</renderer>
Assuming that you already have the msgothic.ttc attached are the metrics files generated by fop 0.95.
I don’t know if this will help with the Japanese encryption issue.
If you don’t mind I do have a question for you now.
Do you somehow managed to use MS Gothic bold with Japanese fonts? If you did that could you tell me what are the steps or provide the MS Gothic bold?

Thanks

Lucian Opris
BlueMatrix
1-646-202-1312