Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Morten Andersen <mo...@blobcom.com> on 2006/11/23 15:38:32 UTC

enctype="multipart/form-data" gives null values for other ActionForm properties

When I'm uploading a form I set the enctype to multipart/form-data in
the jsp file.

In the action receiving the form I want to use the other properties from
the form, but these are not set.

Example:

ActionForm has the properties:
 - name (String) edited in a <html:text...
 - file (FormFile) edited in a <html:file...

In the action I would expect to be able to get the value for "name" using:

actionFormImpl.getName(), where actionFormImpl is the actual ActionForm,
but that method returns null.

Why is autopopulate not working when enctype is set as multipart/form-data?

Regards

Morten Andersen