Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Travis McCauley <tw...@virginia.edu> on 2003/04/17 21:15:47 UTC

global object is not there

Hi,

I am getting a ClassCassException trying to access my Global object.
The cast was correct and testing for null evaluated false. I looked
at the global object during runtime and it is not null but it is
empty like an empty List. I set getGlobal() as the message string of
an exception and it printed out as '{}'.

Here is what I have in my application-specification:
<property name="org.apache.tapestry.global">org.thdl.roster.Global</property>

That should be all I need right?

I'm running 2.4-a5 and Tomcat 4.1.18.

Travis McCauley

Re: global object is not there

Posted by Bill Lear <ra...@zopyra.com>.
On Thursday, April 17, 2003 at 15:15:47 (-0400) Travis McCauley writes:
>Hi,
>
>I am getting a ClassCassException trying to access my Global object.
>The cast was correct and testing for null evaluated false. I looked
>at the global object during runtime and it is not null but it is
>empty like an empty List. I set getGlobal() as the message string of
>an exception and it printed out as '{}'.
>
>Here is what I have in my application-specification:
><property name="org.apache.tapestry.global">org.thdl.roster.Global</property>
>
>That should be all I need right?

Almost:

    <property name="org.apache.tapestry.global-class"...

You forgot "-class".

Bill

RE: global object is not there

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Are the docs wrong?  It should be org.apache.tapestry.global-class

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components