Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stefano Tranquillini <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/09 14:19:44 UTC

Re: How to keep information when a auto-checked type is done by struts?

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 00:49, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Stefano Tranquillini wrote:
>
>> i've a form. i've some field that are double type. if i put a string
>> inside
>> these fileds struts automatically check the incorrectness of the type. ok!
>> but, inside this form i've a select that is created by a list.
>> when the error comes out from struts, sruts goes back to the input page,
>> the list become empty and in the page no item is display.
>>
>> how can i store the list in order to have its inside my page after the
>> error?
>>

> You could store it in session, you could implement Preparable and load the
> list. There are probably a few other reasonable solutions--those are what
> popped in to my head first.

a ok, i ** thought about the same solution.

>  PS: if i set required="true" at a field, struts doesn't check if this
>> value
>> is present or not? what meaning has this property?
>>

> From the documentation:
>
> "If set to true, the rendered element will indicate that
> input is required"
>
> It displays a required indicator.

so only display a * near the label

> Dave

ciaociao

--
Stefano

Re: How to keep information when a auto-checked type is done by struts?

Posted by Stefano Tranquillini <st...@gmail.com>.
same problem anyway

--
Stefano

Re: How to keep information when a auto-checked type is done by struts?

Posted by Stefano Tranquillini <st...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 17:14, Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com> wrote:
> You could access category with #session.category if I remember my OGNL
> right.   Or you could add a 'category' field to your Action class, with
> public getter and setter, and then, instead of putting cat into the session,
> you could do this.setCategory(cat) -- and then your JSP would work fine.

in previous version i've done whith a parameter. but if there's an
automatic error discovered by struts the categories disappears.

ognl don't check automatic inside session?

--
Stefano

Re: How to keep information when a auto-checked type is done by struts?

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.

Posted by Stefano Tranquillini <st...@gmail.com>.
So,
i've done this:
there's a init action that does:
    public String execute() throws Exception {
        Map session = ActionContext.getContext().getSession();
        List cat = mgmt.getAllCategory();
        session.put("category", cat);
        return SUCCESS;
    }