Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2013/08/27 12:09:15 UTC

DOSGi release next week tuesday?

I would like to do a release of the CXF DOSGi project next week tuesday.
The main reason for the release is that the CXF version 2.7.2 has some
severe security issues that are fixed in 2.7.6.

Is everyone ok with this release date?

The highlights of the upcoming release are:

[DOSGI-201 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-201>] - Create
DSOGi distro from karaf feature file
[DOSGI-203 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-203>] - Upgrade
to cxf 2.7.6
[DOSGI-205 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-205>] - Upgrade
to pax exam 3.2

The new distro creation from a karaf feature file allows us to do CXF
upgrades much easier than before. We now mainly need to change the
cxf.version property.

As the release creation is much simpler than before it is also a nice
template for users to build their own distros where they pick some karaf
features and get a nice zip for eclipse or equinox. I will describe this
process on the web.

For a complete list of changes see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311031&version=12324573

Currently 8 issues are still open but I think we should be able to move
most to the next release.

See:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DOSGI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%221.6.0%22%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

I will start moving issues that I think could be delayed to version
1.7.0 please move them back if you want to have them in the DOSGi
release 1.6.0.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider