Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2009/06/01 18:20:30 UTC

[VOTE 4] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Resending this with the proper subject...*SIGH*

Hi again,

I've corrected the missing NOTICE and LICENSE files, and [hopefully] the
POM signature issue (by using Maven 2.0.10 for the release...2.2.0 isn't
released yet, so I don't want to inject further risk of bugs).

Please let me know if I've missed anything else.

URLs below have been updated where appropriate.

---

As I'm sure you've noticed, we've had a large thread on this list
regarding how to put together a proper ASF release using Maven. In order
to enable the Assembly plugin to take on the burden of producing ASF
source-release assemblies, we had to fix a few bugs. Along with this,
I've also tackled the tar/zip file modes problem. The staged repository
for this release can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-004

The JIRA notes for the release can be found at the following URL, or at
appended to the end of this message:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=15298

The website is staged at:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-4

NOTE: I staged one version of this website and it contained bad links.
I've just pushed another version up, and it should sync over soonish, so
keep an eye out.

Please vote!

[ ] +1 Pull the trigger!
[ ] +0 ...like I care
[ ] -1 Stop right there and back away from the plugin slowly!

Here's my +1.

Thanks!

-john

===================

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Assembly Plugin - Version 2.2-beta-4

** Bug
     * [MASSEMBLY-238] - Assembly plugin removes file permissions
     * [MASSEMBLY-379] - Follow-up: file permissions are removed when
creating tar.gz assembly
     * [MASSEMBLY-413] - Assembly plugin uses absolute paths from
project instance after interpolation
     * [MASSEMBLY-414] - Allow regular expressions in include/exclude
patterns for filesets

---
John Casey
Developer and PMC Member, Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Member, Apache Software Foundation

"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing."
        -Aristotle

Re: [VOTE 4] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
It's likely that you still have an old copy of the 2.2-beta-4 assembly
plugin from a previous staging attempt, in your local repository. You'll
need to delete the following directory and try again:

~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin

-john

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I've tested this using the latest staged release on Windows XP, and
cannot reproduce the problem.

Posted by Grzegorz Słowikowski <gs...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT] [VOTE 4] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
This vote has passed. I'm releasing the plugin from the staging
repository now, and deploying the site.

The following votes were recorded:

+1 Binding: John, Benjamin, Olivier, Deng, Brett,
+1 Non-Binding: Petar

Thanks everyone for being patient while I worked out the kinks in this
release.

-john

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
+1, tested the staged version to generate the binaries for Archiva and a
larger project at work. I didn't see any problems in the generated binaries
and sources distribution.

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1, tested it - works great :-)

2009/6/5 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> +1
>
> built the source, checked the signature, and used the resultant plugin to
> build and compare some assemblies which are compat with 2.1.
>
> - Brett
>
> On 02/06/2009, at 2:20 AM, John Casey wrote:
>
>> Resending this with the proper subject...*SIGH*
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I've corrected the missing NOTICE and LICENSE files, and [hopefully] the
>> POM signature issue (by using Maven 2.0.10 for the release...2.2.0 isn't
>> released yet, so I don't want to inject further risk of bugs).
>>
>> Please let me know if I've missed anything else.
>>
>> URLs below have been updated where appropriate.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> As I'm sure you've noticed, we've had a large thread on this list
>> regarding how to put together a proper ASF release using Maven. In order
>> to enable the Assembly plugin to take on the burden of producing ASF
>> source-release assemblies, we had to fix a few bugs. Along with this,
>> I've also tackled the tar/zip file modes problem. The staged repository
>> for this release can be found at:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-004
>>
>> The JIRA notes for the release can be found at the following URL, or at
>> appended to the end of this message:
>>

>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=15298
>>
>> The website is staged at:
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-4
>>
>> NOTE: I staged one version of this website and it contained bad links.
>> I've just pushed another version up, and it should sync over soonish, so
>> keep an eye out.
>>
>> Please vote!
>>
>> [ ] +1 Pull the trigger!
>> [ ] +0 ...like I care
>> [ ] -1 Stop right there and back away from the plugin slowly!
>>
>> Here's my +1.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -john
>>
>> ===================
>>

>> Release Notes - Maven 2.x Assembly Plugin - Version 2.2-beta-4
>>

>> ** Bug
>>   * [MASSEMBLY-238] - Assembly plugin removes file permissions
>>   * [MASSEMBLY-379] - Follow-up: file permissions are removed when
>> creating tar.gz assembly
>>   * [MASSEMBLY-413] - Assembly plugin uses absolute paths from
>> project instance after interpolation
>>   * [MASSEMBLY-414] - Allow regular expressions in include/exclude
>> patterns for filesets
>>

>> ---
>> John Casey
>> Developer and PMC Member, Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
>> Member, Apache Software Foundation
>>
>> "What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing."
>>      -Aristotle

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.
- - - - - - - -
| Author @ Manning Publications.
| CEO @ Phamola
| BGJUG-Bulgarian Java User Group Leader.
| Apache Maven Developer.
| Apache Jakarta PMC member.
| Jakarta Cactus Lead Developer.
| Codehaus Plexus Developer
| Blogger: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/paranoiabla/
Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611

Re: [VOTE 4] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1