Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Claude Moissinac <mo...@enst.fr> on 2009/10/19 15:33:41 UTC

Google App Engine

I'm searching of advises about using Cocoon with some cloud like
Google App Engine.
Is anyone has point of view about such possibility?

--
Jean-Claude Moissinac

Re: Google App Engine

Posted by Jean-Claude Moissinac <mo...@enst.fr>.
Results of some try tonight with Cocoon 3
with an xml source, an xslt transformer and an xml serializer
at some point cocoon 3 seems to compile an xslt transformation and has
not the right permission to write something
it's my reading of:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.util.SyntheticRepository
	at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.classfile.JavaClass.(JavaClass.java:109)
	at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.classfile.JavaClass.(JavaClass.java:228)
	at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.generic.ClassGen.getJavaClass(ClassGen.java:174)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.translate(Stylesheet.java:735)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TemplatesHandlerImpl.endDocument(TemplatesHandlerImpl.java:230)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(AbstractSAXParser.java:737)

and I suspect that Google App Engine is not a good place to compile an
xslt transformation and then execute the generated code...

What are thinking about?

Jean-Claude

Re: Google App Engine

Posted by Jos Snellings <Jo...@pandora.be>.
Good point. I have been isolating Cocoon a couple of months ago.
and need to get that one out of the fridge.
The exercise proved not straigtforward. I will keep you informed.

Jos