Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/19 20:16:32 UTC

[VOTE] Merge TEZ-3334 into master

This vote is to merge the Tez Shuffle Handler feature branch (TEZ-3334)
into the master branch. Having done extensive testing and thanks to all the
feedback given, the Tez Shuffle Handler delivers on its promise to reduce
shuffle times for the auto-reduce case and pave the way for more shuffle
types in the future.

Please view a patch of the proposed merge attached to the TEZ-3334 jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-3334

As to be the most useful and time efficient, please test and vote early if
you have any misgivings or questions about the readiness of the branch so
as to not to delay the merge process and increase the amount of work on my
part to continue to maintain this branch with master.

This vote will be open until Wednesday around the same time.

Here is my +1.

Regards,
jeagles

Re: [VOTE] Merge TEZ-3334 into master

Posted by Kuhu Shukla <ks...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1. Looks good to me.
- Applied patch and compiled against master. - Ran sample mrrsleep job with tez_shuffle.
Thanks and Regards,Kuhu

    On Friday, May 19, 2017 6:04 PM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:

 +1. Looking forward to using this. Some of the CartesianProduct re-work
makes use of contiguous partitions as well.
Also, will create a 0.9 release soon after this goes in.

Thanks!
Sid

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
The merge is completed. Thanks for holding off. Please resume any and all
normal operations.

Regards,
jeagles

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.