Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Katharina Dammeier <Ka...@in-gmbh.de> on 2005/08/19 14:09:46 UTC

FileUpload doesn't work with IE but with Firefox

***********************
No virus was detected in the attachment (no filename).

Your mail has been scanned by Trend Micro InterScan.
***********************

hi,

I have a Fileupload (enctype multipart-formdata) and it does work fine with
Firefox.
But if I use IE, it mostly works by the first upload. If I want to make a
second upload later, it doesnt' work, I get a wihte page "cannot be shown"

Does anybody know anything about this problem and how to solve it?

Thanks!

Re: [FileUpload] FileUpload doesn't work with IE but with Firefox

Posted by Brian Cook <bc...@printtime.com>.
If you debug this a little deeper wither using your IDE or marking each
step in the process with system.out.println("") methods I am betting you
will find this does not relate to commons.FileUpload.

Are you seeing any exceptions thrown in catalina.out?  Is the error seen
in the browser an IE default error, or a Tomcat error page?

The only difference I am aware of with IE is that it has an irritating
habbit under specific situations of returning the entire system path as
the file name.  You can simply get around this with an extra method call
like :

private String getRealFileName(String itemName) {

	int pointer = itemName.lastIndexOf("\\");

         if( pointer != -1){itemName = itemName.substring(pointer+1);}

         return itemName;
}

P.S.  You will get more responses to your posts if you follow the guide
lines posted at :

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

Katharina Dammeier wrote:
> ***********************
> No virus was detected in the attachment (no filename).
>
> Your mail has been scanned by Trend Micro InterScan.
> ***********************
>

> hi,
>
> I have a Fileupload (enctype multipart-formdata) and it does work fine with
> Firefox.
> But if I use IE, it mostly works by the first upload. If I want to make a
> second upload later, it doesnt' work, I get a wihte page "cannot be shown"
>
> Does anybody know anything about this problem and how to solve it?
>
> Thanks!

Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst
Print Time Inc.
bcook@printtime.com
913.345.8900

Re: FileUpload doesn't work with IE but with Firefox

Posted by Wade Chandler <hw...@yahoo.com>.
Are you using HTTPS and a 56-bit encryption IE
(Help->About)?  Some non-US versions use 56-bit
encryption, so if your server is only supporting
128-bit over https then you'll have an issue.

Wade

--- Katharina Dammeier <Ka...@in-gmbh.de>