Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Anthony Mills <am...@pyramid6.com> on 2002/03/04 19:53:25 UTC

XForms support...

Hello all,

I have been looking at XForms and I like the possibility of using XFroms and
SVG for web applications.  I have been looking through the code for Batik,
and I think I can add XForms support without changing much of the existing
code, if any.  The only thing I think I would need is to be able to
dynamicly update the DOM tree.  Is this feature working?  Where should I
start on this?  I have read the XForms specification, and I think I can
create a simple example that should be fairly easy to implement.  Unless
anyone has some objections, I would like to put together a simple working
example.

Anthony Mills

Re: XForms support...

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Anthony,

Anthony Mills wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been looking at XForms and I like the possibility of using XFroms and
> SVG for web applications.  I have been looking through the code for Batik,
> and I think I can add XForms support without changing much of the existing
> code, if any.  The only thing I think I would need is to be able to
> dynamicly update the DOM tree.  Is this feature working?

Support for this is starting to be in. We are preparing the first
beta release which will let you manipulate the DOM through scripting.
This first version will have support for shape modifications, transforms
and a couple other things. CSS property modification will likely not
be in.

> Where should I
> start on this?  I have read the XForms specification, and I think I can
> create a simple example that should be fairly easy to implement.  Unless
> anyone has some objections, I would like to put together a simple working
> example.

Please go ahead! You may want to have a look at how extensions are
written:

file:///d|/work/dev/svg/apache/xml-site/targets/batik/extendingBatik.html

Good luck!
Vincent.