Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/22 07:06:47 UTC

kafka dependency version

Hi All,

What kafka version is supported by Samza release 0.10.1?

In the gradle build file (dependency-versions.gradle) I see it as kafkaVersion
= "0.8.2.1". This is very old kafka version and lot of very serious bugs
have been fixed since then (including the one we are hitting where kafka
client blocks indefeinitelly in face of betwork hiccups).

Any clues on what version is safe enough to upgrade this dependency to (if
I am planning to self build and host the samza binaries privately)? 0.9.0 /
0.10.0 ?
I noticed that AdminUtils.CreateTopic() call breaks if I take kafka 0.10.0.
There may be more errors (some may not manifest as directly as this one).

Any plans to upgrade this dependency for samza soon?

--cheers, gaurav

Re: kafka dependency version

Posted by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com>.
thanks! will do.