Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by peter <pe...@btinternet.com> on 2001/08/28 14:23:11 UTC

classpath problem

hi there

I'm new to tomcat.  I've just downlaoded, installed and set up tomcat for
win98 using the user guide provided.  However, when i try to run tomcat in
the dos window i get several out of environment space lines and  a message
saying...

Unable to set classpath dynamically
To set the CLASSPATH dynamically on winx systems
only DOS 8.3 names may be used in TOMCAT_HOME

setting classpath statically

more out of environment space lines

Using CLASSPATH: c:\tomcat\classes

Out of environment space
Starting tomcat in new window
Bad command or file name

I've made the following settings in my autoexec.bat file:

set TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomcat
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3

Thanks

Peter

Re: classpath problem

Posted by yilmaz <yi...@hwajet.com.tw>.
hi peter !
your classpath seems wrong
it should at least include  <tomcat_home>\lib\servlet.jar;
regards :)

Re: classpath problem

Posted by John Clark Naldoza y Lopez <nj...@ntsp.nec.co.jp>.
peter wrote:

> hi there
>
> I'm new to tomcat.  I've just downlaoded, installed and set up tomcat for
> win98 using the user guide provided.  However, when i try to run tomcat in
> the dos window i get several out of environment space lines and  a message
> saying...
>
> Unable to set classpath dynamically
> To set the CLASSPATH dynamically on winx systems
> only DOS 8.3 names may be used in TOMCAT_HOME
>
> setting classpath statically
>
> more out of environment space lines
>
> Using CLASSPATH: c:\tomcat\classes
>
> Out of environment space
> Starting tomcat in new window
> Bad command or file name
>
> I've made the following settings in my autoexec.bat file:
>
> set TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomcat
> set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Hi,

I believe it would be necessary to increase the amount of memory your
dos shell can use...  Perhaps you could try to search through the mail
archives to find out where it is exactly...;-)

Cheers,

John Clark

--
     /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez                           (\
    / )    Software Design Engineer III                      ( \

"Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work
done"
--Linus Torvalds