Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jimmy the Geek <jt...@adelphia.net> on 2005/04/03 18:08:25 UTC

HSSFCell.setCellValue allows strings > 32767

Excel does not allow cell contents > 32767 characters (as best I can
tell). If you create such a workbook and open with Excel, it refuses to
allow the cell to be editted and appears to behave erratically in other
cases.

I was using excel to create rows of HTML code and ran into this. Thought
I would share with the group.

I will put a check in my code to prevent this, but thought that
setCellValue might want to check for this boundry case.

Jimmy the Geek
Colorado Springs, CO
jtheg@adelphia.net
Registered Linux User # 302849