Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/18 01:11:09 UTC

iOS only cordova-labs plugins (keyboard and statusbar, in plugins branch) - move to cordova-ios repo

I propose moving these iOS only plugins to the cordova-ios repo, and adding
the corresponding components in JIRA (ios-statusbar, ios-keyboard) for
issue tracking.
With https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5026 - plus these two
plugins, that would make a total of three plugins in cordova-ios (probably
in a plugins subfolder)

Also, would be great to add the extra meta-data (new tags?) to plugins.xml
to show which repo this comes from, where issues are supposed to go. I
believe we discussed this in the hangout.

Re: iOS only cordova-labs plugins (keyboard and statusbar, in plugins branch) - move to cordova-ios repo

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Alright, +1 to creating a cordova-plugins repo as an alternative to new
repos for every possible plugin (plugman and registry have for a while
supported git subdirectories so we don't need repo isolation).  However, I
would also be fine with just using cordova-labs plugin branch, especially
once plugin registry has pointers to repo location based on metadata, so it
really does not matter where they live.

I would also +1 a generic preferences plugin over something ios-specific,
though the other two really do seem better to be ios specific (although
there may be an android-keyboard plugin at some point, developers may not
necessarily want to use both).

-Michal

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
The reason it's those plugins is, correct me if I'm wrong, but it is
implied we are supporting those. Months and months ago we already
encouraged[1] plugin authors to move out their plugins to their own repos
from phonegap-plugins because of:
* issue tracking
* user contributions (pull requests)

It was becoming untenable to moderate everything in phonegap-plugins,
because the issue tracker there is a catch-all. With cordova-plugins, it
would be limited (I hope) to odd 'core' plugins that may only support one
platform.

[1]
http://shazronatadobe.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/cordova-plugins-put-them-in-your-own-repo-2/

Posted by James Jong <wj...@gmail.com>.
Shaz, thanks for the work not this!
-James Jong

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
woo-hoo finally!

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Kemp <dr...@google.com>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Lets start a new thread about what some of these new meta tags should be

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Awesome! +1 on all the things!