Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Manishag <ag...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/01 00:21:50 UTC

Re: Control cache datanodes in an ignite cluster

Thanks Val. This is really helpful. One last issue I have is that there is a
possibility that I might want to add an existing ignite node hosting a cache
say cache1 to cache2 as well. The problem is how do I tell ignite to force
repartitioning so that it calls the node filter and adds this node. This is
not a new node from ignite's perspective and looks like calling
cache.rebalance does not trigger a repartition. Is there any way to force
repartitioning without any add/remove node event from ignite's perspective?

Re: Control cache datanodes in an ignite cluster

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,

This is not possible. A node can be added to the existing cache topology
only on startup. To achieve the behavior you described, you can start a new
node with both caches and stop one of the old ones. Will this work for you?

-Val