Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Esa Heikkinen <es...@student.tut.fi> on 2018/05/25 13:47:44 UTC

Execution model in Flink

Hi

I don't know whether this question is suitable for this forum, but I take the risk and ask :)

In my understanding the execution model in Flink is very data (flow) stream oriented and specific. It is difficult to build a control flow logic (like state-machine) outside of the stream specific processings (?).

It is only way to combine all different type event streams to one big stream and then process it by some own stateful "logic" ? And how to build this logic ? Is it .iterate()-function suitable for that ?

Best, Esa