Posted to user@metron.apache.org by kotipalli venkatesh <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/25 08:31:07 UTC

Unable to add the hosts

Hi All,

Please help on the below error, Target host, we added nodes and import the
id_rsa file on the main node. and click the ok button but confirm
host status is failed.

please give suggestion on the below error.

[image: Inline image 2]

[image: Inline image 1]

Re: Unable to add the hosts

Posted by ed d <ra...@hotmail.com>.
can you resolve the target from the ambari server via CLI? (does dns/hosts work?)

have you "ssh-copy-id" or transferred the public key from the ambari server to the target?

have you already ssh'ed from the ambari server to the target, and accepted the key fingerprint?

when you click on the red status "failed", what does it show?

what guide are you following?

________________________________
Please help on the below error, Target host, we added nodes and import the id_rsa file on the main node. and click the ok button but confirm host status is failed.

please give suggestion on the below error.

[Inline image 2]

[Inline image 1]

Re: Unable to add the hosts

Posted by ed d <ra...@hotmail.com>.
where in the guide have you gotten to? that way the guide can be updated, if needed.

also, you have manual registration checked, did you install and start ambari-agent on all the targets nodes? if you want to use shared keys and ssh, check the other registration method tht uses ssh.

Posted by kotipalli venkatesh <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Unable to add the hosts

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.