Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christian Spitzlay <ch...@biologis.com> on 2018/07/24 08:15:31 UTC

Re: Exception when processing streaming expression

Hi,

> Am 15.06.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Christian Spitzlay <ch...@biologis.com>:
>

>> Am 15.06.2018 um 01:23 schrieb Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> We have to check the behavior of the innerJoin. I suspect that its closing
>> the second stream when the first stream his finished. This would cause a
>> broken pipe with the second stream. The export handler has specific code
>> that eats the broken pipe exception so it doesn't end up in the logs. The
>> select hander does not have this code.
>
> Ah, I see.  The stack trace in my original mail has the "broken pipe" message:
>
> [...]
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
> 	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.writev0(Native Method)
> [...]

Should I open a Jira ticket about the innerJoin issue?

>> In general you never want to use the select handler and set the rows to
>> such a big number. If you have that many rows you'll want to use the export
>> and handler which is designed to export the entire result set.
>

> We started out with the export handler but we are updating documents using
> streaming expressions and we had fields that had types
> that do not support docValues, according to the documentation at
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/docvalues.html#enabling-docvalues
>
> We switched to the select handler in some places and it worked.
> We set the rows parameter to a large value:
> "If you want to tell Solr to return all possible results from the query without an
> upper bound, specify rows to be 10000000 or some other ridiculously
> large value that is higher than the possible number of rows that are expected."
> From:
> https://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommonQueryParameters#rows

Since we have trouble switching back to the export handler,
do you have any ideas how we could temporarily keep this exception from
filling the solr log file when I run my code?

Christian

--

Christian Spitzlay
Diplom-Physiker,

Tel: +49 69 / 348739116
E-Mail: christian.spitzlay@biologis.com

bio.logis Genetic Information Management GmbH
Altenhöferallee 3
60438 Frankfurt am Main

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. med. Daniela Steinberger, Dipl.Betriebswirt Enrico Just
Firmensitz Frankfurt am Main, Registergericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 97945
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer DE293587677