Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/29 20:01:58 UTC

Re: AW: AW: [Axis2C] how to return a MsgBox

Hi all,

I believe you are requesting support for session on Axis2/C? So that you
can have a conversation between Client and Server. Am I missing something
here? AFAIK, Bill spoke on implementing Session with CURL.

Or else is this possible through Savan/C (WS-Eventing)?

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Senaka Fernando wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I believe you are requesting support for session on Axis2/C? So that you
>can have a conversation between Client and Server. Am I missing something
>here? AFAIK, Bill spoke on implementing Session with CURL.
>
>Or else is this possible through Savan/C (WS-Eventing)?
>
>Regards,
>Senaka
>

>>Hello Josef,
>>
>>i've read your first post, opened a reply - starting to
>>write my thoughts down - deleted it, cause im not an expert ;-)
>>
>>first, i think you have to write your server side callback method
>>outside the service, cause the service is only active when triggerd.
>>you can use axis2 api to create payload - clear.
>>
>>second, if i am right, not alle mep's from wsdl are supported.
>>i think you want to have "Solicit-response"/"out-in".
>>
>>i do not know corba very well, but i think your former corba server
>>could send the message to the client, cause the client is registerd
>>and will be found over orb/naming service !? the client seems to be
>>permanetly connected / has a listening port !?
>>

>>possible solutions i can imagine for axis2 :
>>
>>1. the client has to ask from time to time if something has happend
>>on serverside. if nothing has happend on serverside, server didn't
>>send back anythink or just a message like "no thanks, ask again".
>>otherwise the server replys with your yes/no question, client has to
>>answer.
>>but i think this is not what you want, if you talk about a
>>server side callback.
>>
>>2. when starting your client, you call a "registerWithServer" method,
>>to let the server know the clients endpoint, using the servers context,
>>maybe at application level ?
>>write a service (not an axis service) that has a callback. when your
>>conditions are met, query the context and send the question.
>>now you have the problem, that the client is not listening - you have
>>to run a axis service on clientside :-(

You can use Apache Savan/C [1] to do just that. Your service need to be
Savan enabled and you can subscribe to that service providing a url for
listening from the service. This url could be another axis2 service or a
callback.

thanks
Damitha

[1]http://ws.apache.org/savan/c/