Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org> on 2012/07/30 22:45:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] - A must do tasks for the coming 1-2 months

Hi...

   I was talking to David Nalley over IRC and we spotted two main tasks
that we should put our focus on in the coming 1-2 months and
more preferably the coming month:

1- Finishing the INFRA related tasks (namely JIRA)
2- Getting our first release out

With these tasks done, provided that we are gaining new committers I
believe we can speed up our graduation time, more specifically when we
master the release process

Thoughts/Feedback?

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----
- Albert Einstein

Re: [DISCUSS] - A must do tasks for the coming 1-2 months

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi...
>
>    I was talking to David Nalley over IRC and we spotted two main tasks
> that we should put our focus on in the coming 1-2 months and
> more preferably the coming month:
>
> 1- Finishing the INFRA related tasks (namely JIRA)
> 2- Getting our first release out
>
> With these tasks done, provided that we are gaining new committers I
> believe we can speed up our graduation time, more specifically when we
> master the release process
>
> Thoughts/Feedback?

So I am working actively on the Jira piece - the big problem is that
the existing Jira instance contains log files and other items with
customer information. My goal is to spend time this week to try a
couple of solutions to split the benign data from the customer data to
produce a working export for us to use.

On the release bits, we've still got lots of work to do, see my
earlier emails today for other things that perhaps can be done there.

--David